Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Livestock Warnings

Full of good intentions, I took my fiction writing computer to the coffee shop, opened it, and discovered it needed to be recharged. That was no outlet near me. I wrote a little in a notebook. My friends showed up and gave me CONvergence reports. As usual, it was a very well run con, which they enjoyed a lot. However, one friend felt the energy level was lower than in previous years. One explanation she heard was the Trump administration. This is possible. Trump is certainly not helping my mood or my energy level. So this leads to a panel idea: How to Have Fun during the Trump Administration.

I got rides to and from the coffee shop. Usually, I could take a bus. But the temp is in the 90s, and it's humid. I am old enough to pay attention to the Old People Weather Warnings. They used to be Lifestock Warnings, when I was young and Minnesota was a serious farm state. I kind of miss those. Get your cows into the shade and make sure Granny is okay.

I have mixed feelings about thinking of myself as elderly. Patrick had a friend with a healthy, active mother -- biked everywhere and was always up to do things. When she reached 65 she sat down and said, "That's it. I'm old." She stopped biking. She was no longer active. She made herself old. It's probably sane to realize one is no longer a spring chicken. But there is no reason to give up and turn into a vegetable.

As the broken arm heals and I am doing more, I feel a lot better. I am back to three times a week at the gym, though I can't use the broken arm to lift weights or push. I find I can do a lot, though planks are out for the time being.

1 Comments:

Blogger KeiraDoltan said...

Informative post. Thanks for sharing
Chemistry Assignment Help

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home