Sunday, April 19, 2015

Affirmative Action

I got ticked off at a facebook comment that said white writers don't write about PoC. This made me write a rant about how I have been writing about PoC, GLBT people and women for something like 40-50 years. I am an effing affirmative action policy with a keyboard. However, this essay is better than the rant.

I don't mind white writers blaming themselves for not being diverse enough. I don't mind white readers blaming themselves for not searching out diverse writing, which does exist and is not that hard to find. I mind people making sweeping generalizations that blame ME. No. I've been doing my part. Now you do yours. Less blame. More action.

1 Comments:

Blogger Foxessa said...

Damien Walter consistently blogs ignorant stuff. Even more frequently he blogs ignorant and stupid.

He is constantly called on his ignorance and stupids but he NEVER changes.

Love, C.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home