Friday, August 08, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night. My mood has improved.

I especially liked the large plant, though the raccoon was also good.

My friend Sandy Lindow said there were plot holes. How could there be plot holes? The entire movie was Crash! Boom! Ka-pow! Bang! Bang! Bang! Rattle! BOOM! Except for the parts that were Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrill singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." I could have used more Motown, but the mix of songs fit the movie's weirdness better.

Good skiffy starscapes. I liked the mine inside the gigantic head of a long-dead god which is floating in space. Now, that is sense of wonder. But mostly the movie was Crash! Pow! The Nova city had a weird 1950s 'visions of the future' look. Sunny and very clean. Lots of pastel colors. I liked that too. Pow! Pow! Pow!

I like myself better when I am enjoying a weird Marvel movie than I do when I'm brooding over the news or fights in fandom. I mean, I know I'm living in a decaying empire on a planet that seems about to hit the rocks. But I don't have to let that ruin my mood.