Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Autumn

The government shutdown ended, though the sequester is still in effect. The weather in the Twin Cities is finally getting cold, which is nice. I made baked apples today and found a recipe for stuffed baked pears which looks good. The cold weather makes me think of baking and roasting and making soup.

The fall colors are pleasant, but not great, I think because the weather stayed warm for so long. Lots of yellow with red sumac and maple. I'd like to go down the river and look for eagles or go the Crex Meadows Nature Preserve in Wisconsin and see migrating waterfowl. The tundra swans usually arrive in Alma, Wisconsin in November, so I'd like a trip down there.

Otherwise, no news. I'm finishing some writing and thinking about life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home