Saturday, July 13, 2013

Flowers

The milkweed is blooming, along with crown vetch, mullein, big purple thistles, chicory and a lot of yellow flowers I don't recognize. They might be yellow sweet clover, but I don't think so. It's hard to identify flowers while traveling 60 miles an hour on a freeway. I have the same problem with birds. Crows and pigeons are easy, as are the red tailed hawks that sit on freeway light posts. Impossible to miss the egrets and great blue herons that fly over occasionally. But the little birds are too fast and small. I can't figure out what they are.

Patrick and I made it to Uncle Hugo's for a copy of the July Locus, which has a positive review of Big Mama Stories by Gary Wolfe. Then a couple more errands, then home.

So far Big Mama Stories has gotten three reviews, two in Locus, one at Tor.com. All three are positive. Two of them compare me to Italo Calvino. I'll take that comparison.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Morrigan said...

I love wildflowers!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home