Friday, April 05, 2013

Nightmare

Another comment from facebook. This obviously derives from the discussion on flying that I posted yesterday.
Another clear sunny day. I was going to sleep in, because I have a slow day ahead of me, but I ended in one of those dreams where you are running to catch a plane and aren't going to get it. It was the Pittsburgh airport, I think, which I may have been to, but I don't remember it. The concourses were gigantic and looked like an old train station or maybe a factory and were very complex, rising into various levels, and very badly marked, so we couldn't find our gate. Patrick and I lost the rest of our party, and then I realized I didn't have my baggage. And then we ended at a TSA checkpoint.

It was running to catch a plane in an Escher print with the TSA.

So I got up.

Most of the dream was ordinary, but the building was remarkable: huge and complex and old and dirty with lots of bare girders visible. The TSA agent who was giving Patrick a hard time had a computer out of the 1980s.
This is the police dystopia which flying is becoming. Flying as it would be done in 1984.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home