Thursday, January 31, 2013

Feeling Confident

I was lying in bed last night, reading a book by an author I admire. All at once I was suffused by a calm and certain feeling. "I can do better than this," I thought. "I am a better writer." And then I thought, "If I lie here quietly, the feeling will go away." So I did, and it did.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. In the last few days, I have gotten praise from a good editor and a nice-sized check from the same good editor; and I am feeling happy with the current story -- aka the very wet, noir, planetary romance. It still needs work, but I like it.

Praise, money, and the satisfaction of a job well done. Can't beat that trio.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Your first paragraph made me laugh really, really hard.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home