Tuesday, May 08, 2012

More on Obsession

It's kind of embarrassing to be hung up on Marvel movies. But I wanted to break my unproductive obsession with news; and I wanted to get out more and see more movies...

The news (most of it) makes me feel helpless and overwhelmed and angry. It does not make me want to write or march. It makes me question writing.

I think obsessing about Marvel movies is more likely to get me writing than obsessing about the news. One problem with the news is -- most of the media give us only discouraging news. There is good news in the world. A huge number of people are trying to figure out how to change the world, and we mostly don't hear about them. With all their failings Marvel movies show us the good guys winning. They don't say TINA. Granted, the good guys are superheroes, and we can't win the way they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home