Friday, October 15, 2010

The Sequel to Ring of Swords

My fiction writing group the Wyrdsmiths had a good meeting last night. One of the pieces being critiqued was the first 30 (I think) pages of my current novel Hearth World, which is the sequel to Ring of Swords.

The comments got me excited about working on the novel and gave me good ideas for changes. I had been terrified that people were going to simply, flat-out dislike the story. Instead, they seemed to mostly like it, though two of the three people critiquing felt the the viewpoint character was too remote. I tend to under-write emotion in first drafts and have to go back and make it explicit.

Not too hard to fix.

People liked the hwarhath. That makes sense. The hwarhath are likeable.

6 Comments:

Blogger confluence said...

Hooray! I can't wait for this book. :)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait for this book either! I actually found you on account of Ring of Swords.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Morgan Dhu said...

I am so excited to hear that you are writing a sequel to Ring of Swords. I've been waiting patiently for this news for what seems like a very long time. :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger El Gato Negro said...

I have my copy Spanish of "Ring of swords" right beside my computer, I bought it in 2004, that´s why I started looking for your work^^
I know I´m not the only one waiting for this sequel.

9:41 AM  
Blogger delagar said...

I love the hwarhath. Can't wait!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Jed said...

I'm delighted to hear this! Yay!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home