Thursday, November 13, 2008

November Weather

When I got up yesterday there was snow on the roofs opposite my apartment; and there was snow along the freeway when I rode to work. It was mostly gone by evening. This morning it was raining. There is a chance of snow tomorrow and on the weekend.

So, what has been happening? The US has elected a new president. I suspect Obama will be too conservative for my liking. But he does not appear to be a lunatic or incompetent. Events may well push him in the direction I want -- toward national health care, public works and money for local government.

The senatorial race in Minnesota has not yet been decided, as the world knows. The state elected five pretty good DFL congresspeople, and three pretty awful Republican congresspeople. You win some and lose some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home