Saturday, June 07, 2008

Seasonal Report

We are pretty clearly into summer now. The French lilacs have finished blooming, and the Korean lilacs are mostly done. There are little wisps of fuzz floating in the air, evidence that the cottonwoods are flowering. The fuzz is everywhere this time of year, even in the two down towns.

Carp usually mate around the time the cottonwoods produce their cotton, and you see them thrashing in the shallows of local lakes. I haven't checked to see if they are on schedule. There is something reassuring about cottonwood fuzz floating in the air, and carp thrashing in the shallows. Life is as it should be.

I joined the Y last week and went to exercise for the first time today. It's beautiful facility. I have an appointment with a personal trainer next week.

I'm becoming increasingly aware that I am aging, and if I want a happy old age, I had better start taking care of myself.

I am going to be at the Fourth Street Fantasy Con in June and Diversacon in August. Other than that and exercise, I plan a quiet summer -- with some writing, I hope. I have half a dozen stories almost finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home