Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lady Poetesses from Hell

I notice that I did not explain the LPFH, when I posted the volcano photo. This is a group -- mostly made up of people in a local poetry writing workshop -- that does readings at Twin Cities cons and Wiscon. I belong to the workshop, but have not performed with LPFH, as far as I can remember. One man belongs, because he channels the spirit of Grace Lord Stolkes, an early 20th century poet who tried to belong to the Lovecraft circle. Otherwise, it is indeed lady poetesses, who perform wearing very ladylike hats. Their poems are funny and good and often quite hellish.

Anyway, LPFH have been talking about doing an anthology for years, and now it seems to be happening. I will report on progress and how to get the book, once it is out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home