Thursday, August 23, 2007

Harry Potter

I bought the last book several days ago and have started it. But I having trouble getting into it, mostly because it is the last book. What happens when I finish it? And how can it be good enough to justify all the expectation? Ruth tells me she likes the entire series. She thinks Rowling has done a good job.

I keep wondering if I should try writing a YA fantasy. The great thing about YAs is -- they are mostly quite short, about 200 pages, though Rowling got long after the third Harry book. I would like to write a short book, and I think I would enjoy writing for young adults.

Surely there is always room for another book about growing up to be a wizard.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked all the Harry Potter books too and I was not one of the fans who wanted to rip out the last six pages.
I like the Garth Nix books too.
Also have you read Naomi Novik's Temeraire series? I thought they were terrific.
As too the TSA and security what a joke!
They let people on planes with knitting needles up to 31 inches long. Metal and kiln harden bamboo and they also allow the circular ones with the nylon cord holding the two pointy ends. What a perfect garrote.
I always do my own private protest when going through the shoe removal routine. I very pointedly look at the floor between the medal detector towers, curl a lip and if feeling particularly brave I mutter "Oh yuck" then dig through my purse for a pair of socks, put them on and then walk through.
Hey they are irritating me I can be irritating right back.
Of course I only get away with this because I look like a whimpy chubby middle-aged woman.

7:12 AM  
Blogger lydamorehouse said...

Surely there is always room for another book about growing up to be a wizard

Especially if you write it, Eleanor.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Shana Pederson said...

I too liked this Potter up until the really rather hollywood ending ..ending
The world needs an Eleanor Arnason YA.. Dante should be so lucky to spend a summer curled up with your books as I did when I was his age!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home