Friday, August 03, 2007

Dream

I had a dream a few nights back. I was with a group of aging New York lefties, the kind of people I knew in the peace movement 30 or 40 years ago. Che Guevara was there, young and happy, joking and fooling around. I knew he was going to be arrested and killed, and I was trying to save him. At one point, I was trying to hold a door shut. There are people on the other side trying to get in and get Che. But I couldn't hold the door. It was opening in spite of all my efforts. I told the dream to Patrick. He said, "Che would be 90 now. He's as alive as ever. You didn't have to save him."

A Joe Hill dream, as in "I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night." I wonder what it means -- not about Che. About me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tallgeese said...

Che is worth saving, even if he doesn't need saving. Maybe by saving Che you were saving yourself. Very Hillel.

12:36 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

God, Che. Every time I read some right wing blogger mouthing off about Che, I could spit. And they will do it.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home