Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ring of Swords

In answer to a question in the comments... Aqueduct Press is going to publish the sequel to Ring of Swords, after it has been thoroughly revised. I gave up trying to sell it, because I was not satisfied with it. But Timmi Duchamp at Aqueduct thinks it's fixable.

If things go as expected, I will be working a four day week beginning in July. This means a 20% cut in pay, but the free time will be wonderful. I think I can finish and sell enough stories to make up for most of the pay loss.

I have the Ring sequel done in first draft, two Lydia Duluth stories done in first draft, and several other stories partially done -- another hwarhath story, another Big Mama story, and a couple of free standing stories.

All I need to finish these is time and discipline.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Susman said...

I'm really looking forward to the Ring of Swords sequel. Very much enjoy your character and societal musings, and will happily pick up the next book when it's out.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Morgan Dhu said...

I am delighted to hear that there will be a sequel novel.

Is there any chance at all that someone (Aqueduct, perhaps?) might be willing to publish an anthology of your Hwarhath short stories?

2:52 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

Yay! I've been waiting and waiting for more books from you! Or stories. Or anything!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home